I scanned as much of the archived questions as I could and did a search as well and couldn't find anything. Here's my situation: I recently installed a Hearthstone Heritage stove. By necessity, I have 2 90's and 2 15's in the chimney design. Total rise is about 20'. Inside is double-wall stovepipe going to double-wall Selkirk chimney pipe and it was all fitted tightly and collar-banded as well. Seems like I've got good draft, plus it's windy here where I live. Here's my dilemma. I fired up the stove a few weeks ago and yesterday, climbed my roof and did an inspection both topside, as well as at my T - and the inside length of my chimney seems to be covered with resin/tar pretty much the entire length, and the cap is starting to drip the stuff!! After only three weeks?? Something's obviously wrong here - or is it? I've read/researched as much as I could and I try to run as hot of fire as I can, I seem to have good airflow, my wood is seasoned hardwood. I think my chimney may be getting too cool too quickly but I wanted to defer to the experts. What do I do? Next question - with tar obviously a BAD thing, what type of equipment will I need to clean out my chimney and where do I get it. No sweeps in the area so it'll be a DIYer for me. I'll gladly pay more for quality equipment - any suggestions, recommendations on brush rigidity and techniques? Thanks for your help.