Hampton Insert Fan Unit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetMan

Sep 1, 2010
Western New York
Hi All,

This is probably a stupid question (yes, there are stupid questions), but after watching the installation and looking at the manual, it looks like I can just pull the blower fan unit out of my insert to inspect/clean it. Is this true? Any tips or things to be aware of?

Thanks in advance...

You can pull the entire assembly - below the ash lip - off the front of the insert.
When you re-install it, make sure the thermo-disk makes contact with the insert body,
otherwise you will have issues with it cycling on & off - IF it actuates it at all.

The first couple times you pull it the clamps that they use are pretty tight. Once you do it a couple times, it will come off easier.

Cool--thanks for the info. The wife started complaining about the blower noise late last season. Is there anything common that would account for this? (A louder blower, not the complaining, LOL!)

It is designed to hang on 2 clips., Mine will sometimes start to rattle. when it does I just push it in a little and it goes away. Enjoy the stove!!

Ditto High-Iron. Just reseat it with a nudge and that seams to do the trick. Keeping it clean also helps. I did have a fan that seemed to whine and complained to the dealer. They replaced the whole fan unit (and let me keep the old one) so I now have a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.