Harman 300i Wood Burning Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithspawn

May 5, 2011
Newfoundland, Canada
Hi guys,

Been lurking these forums for awhile now & decided it's a good time to post :)

Anyways, I have been working with a customer with the help of a WETT Certified Technician.
My customer is interested in purchasing a Harman 300i Wood Burning Insert.

I'm familiar with the Harman TL300 & how it works , but I've never had an experience with the Harman 300i or burn't one before.

Anyone have an experience with them good or bad ???
Anything funky with any installation issues, inner workings etc.. I should be looking out besides from the normal clearance stuff ???

Thanks for any input in advance & keep up the great work here at the forums , I have learned alot just from reading from all your present & past experiences :)

Cheers,

Bump. Looked at Harman when I was buying and my understanding is they are made well.

Sithspawn said:
Hi guys,

Been lurking these forums for awhile now & decided it's a good time to post :)

Anyways, I have been working with a customer with the help of a WETT Certified Technician.
My customer is interested in purchasing a Harman 300i Wood Burning Insert.

I'm familiar with the Harman TL300 & how it works , but I've never had an experience with the Harman 300i or burn't one before.

Anyone have an experience with them good or bad ???
Anything funky with any installation issues, inner workings etc.. I should be looking out besides from the normal clearance stuff ???

Thanks for any input in advance & keep up the great work here at the forums , I have learned alot just from reading from all your present & past experiences :)

Cheers,

The 300i has had some good reviews here. People claim it is a more capable heater than the Hearthstone Clydesdale in terms of heating capacity.

I would expect there will be less of a bright, lively fire in the firebox during secondary combustion compared to other inserts, since the fire is mostly in the burn chamber in the rear of the stove. And consider the maintenance issues that rear combustion package may have - hopefully all resolved in the newer units. Maybe some insert owners can chime in on any issues they have had?

From the manual:
use caution when cleaning in the rear of the firebox,
near the entrance to the Firedome. do not poke cleaning
tools into the throat of the Firedome as this may cause
damage to the refractory material.

Status
Not open for further replies.