Harman 61a blowing fuses as soon as plugged in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Njsabresfan66

Sep 27, 2023
Hillsborough, NJ
Was going to start up for the fall when I noticed no power. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I purchased and replaced the fuse and the second I plugged in, it blew again. I disconnected the igniter and checked each motor individually and they all worked fine when connected to a different power source. Connections all look pristine and no wires frayed or bad. I am thinking the controller board, but wanted to post before I purchased. Any advise?

Any obvious black/burned areas on the main board? If you disconnect igniter and all motors then power on does the fuse still Blow? If not try re connecting 1 item at a time (with power off of course) and see if one is causing the issue. If it blows right away with nothing connected, it sounds like a failure on the board.

sam

Any obvious black/burned areas on the main board? If you disconnect igniter and all motors then power on does the fuse still Blow? If not try re connecting 1 item at a time (with power off of course) and see if one is causing the issue. If it blows right away with nothing connected, it sounds like a failure on the board.

sam
None that I could see. I did disconnect everything and it still blew. We did have some power fluctuations during the summer and I forgot to unplug it. Just wanted to be sure before I order another board.