Harman Accentra 52i Pellet Insert ?'s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pete97

Hearth Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
Pittsburgh Pa
I installed a Harman Accentra 52i Pellet Insert 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to fine tune the settings. It has the new digital adjustments on the Hopper Lid. I have run it on room sensing mode with the ignitor Auto and it runs and shuts down fine. We have had a cold stretch lately so I wanted the stove to run 24/7 so I played with 2 settings.
1. Stove in room sensing mode and ignitor off. Stove reaches room temp and goes into Maintenance mode and seems like the maintenance mode is erratic on the feed rate. I will look at the diagnostics every so often and have seen the feed rates at different %'s. Like 15%, 25% 35% and even 40%. Not sure why in Maintenance mode it goes that high.
2. Stove in constant burn mode with a rate of 2.2 out of 7. Stove seems to use more pellets in this mode. I have seen feed rates again between 15% and 50%.

Question is am I missing something or am I not understanding something. Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Pete

The stove can ramp up at times,if the exhaust probe cools off,part of keeping the stove burning clean.I have the newer control board,in my old accentra,and I have noticed that when on room/manual,and has been in maintenance burn for a while,it will ramp up for a bit,pellet feed and combustion blower.The old board does not,have swapped them out just to see.I believe that Harman did this to provide a self cleaning feature,like other stoves have.But,Harman is stingy with information,will have to find a Harman technician to find out for sure.

That makes sense. I guess it does that since it is in maintenance mode for so long so the stove burns clean and to keep the ESP temps up.