1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman Accentra Insert - Distribution Motor Longevity??

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Gilly, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilly

Gilly New Member

Loc:
    NW Rhode Island a stone's throw from CT and MA
    Happy New Year to all.

My Accentra Insert is running nicely in its second season. I am, however, noticing a slight "rattling" sound coming from the distribution blower motor. (definitely isolated it to this motor)

Last season I burned about 4 tons of pellets and ran the stove from Oct to April. This season I'm already surpassing last year for pellet usage (with the damned price of that oil!! )

Wondering if my dist. motor bearings are starting to go. Any other Accentra Insert owners out there with advice on how long until I will need to replace major parts? I did do a thorough cleaning of the dist. blower this summer - took it out and cleaned all the vanes.

I have a very 'open floorplan' home and am providing about 95 percent of my heat with my Accentra Insert - for 3000 sq. feet believe it or not...my Accentra works HARD.

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. minnow

minnow Member

Loc:
    Upstate New York
    I can't answer your question, but the blower motor should still be under the warranty. I'd call your dealer and have them replace the motor as it will conk out at a time and place when the dealer is closed.(and who knows if the dealer even stocks the part to begin with !).
  3. smirnov3

smirnov3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern Ma
    With the Accentra Insert, the fan is so close to the floor, that if a small peice of plastic (like from around a gallon of milk) got knocked under it, it will get whacked by the fan and make noise.

try running a ruler under the insert to brush aside any debris, before you call the dealer.
  4. Gilly

Gilly New Member

Loc:

My Accentra Insert is up on a raised hearth - about two feet off of the floor and surrounded by "cultured stone" blocks - so no chance of that - but thanks for the suggestion!
  5. Gilly

Gilly New Member

Loc:
    Minnow - good suggestion. But I'm of the impression that the dealer will be reluctant to replace a part that hasn't really failed yet. Worth a try though - Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.