Harman Accentra Insert Fans ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
I have a new Harman Accentra Insert and getting ready to do a complete cleaning. I want to take out the combustion fan and exhaust fan and clean them completely and was wondering if they have oil ports on them to grease the bearings or is it a sealed unit. I want to have the grease on hand when I remove them. and what about the Auger motor? Does that have a grease fitting? I know I will find out when I remove them but just looking to have everything I need before I start to Disassemble Johnny 5 thanks. If I do need Oil and grease what are the recommended types thanks again

the combustion blower and auger motor both use sealed bearings. best thing is to clean them off, keep the dust off and that will keep them running cool. if you do feel the need you can use a needle to pierce the sealed bearing and inject some lubricant. i've just started testing this method last week on the shop stoves and don't know the best fluid yet. usually 3-1 oil, specifically the blue can 3-1 oil made for electric motors or a 20w oil is recommended, i was testing ATF fluid on the shop pf100. the gearbox on the auger does not have a grease port but you can split it and repack it with grease but its not something you'd want to have to do every year. especially after the first time you put more grease in than the manufacture did and it should run well for many years. i typically just use automotive bearing grease for the gear case.

Reactions: glenc0322
Status
Not open for further replies.