Harman Accentra Insert Squealing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CTLiving

Jan 3, 2020
Connecticut
Our Harman Accentra insert has started squeaking loudly. It will only do when you have the heat settings to high - when you turn the blower to low - it stops. Does this sound like a dirty distribution motor? Husband vacuumed it during last cleaning but didn’t help. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1924.MOV
    8.9 MB
Definitely sounds like a bad bearing to me..., Assuming it is the original accentra, the blower is on the bottom and can suck up all kinds of crud, I would pull it out and lean it forward(Clean first and helps if out of pellets) , BE SURE TO REMOVE THE CAST INSERTS!!

The blower motor is held in with 3 bolts, i would be sure it is clean and turns freely, if not a new blower is in order...If it doesn't do it on a low stove temp setting in manual mode but does on auto mode that will be a sure sign it is the blower doing that.

The good news is the blower was only around $120 if I recall

It sure sounds like it's time for replacement.

Took it out and it and found a piece of foam from Christmas unwrapping that got up in there!
Well 3 hrs later and it’s making the horrible sound again and we have a horrible burning smell! Guess we need a new one. Is there a brand that is better than another?

For the accentra insert it is Fasco b47120 .. around 115 bucks or so.. there will be 2 wires that you don’t use on it (low med ) the harman board regulates speed

I was able to purchase the OEM blower from my local Harman dealer. These part numbers may be different for the Accentra insert.

Attachments

• blower_part_numbers.jpg
    blower_part_numbers.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: CTLiving
Thanks - will those wires be obvious?
Yes it’s the high speed wire, it is the same oem blower.. just without the markup , the 2 wires that aren’t needed , cut and cap them using either tape or a crimp connector, you will not use the housing unless you want to take the whole stove apart lol, just the motor and wheel which attaches with 3 bolts. If you need more connectors to attach to your stove usually auto parts stores have them.

On the Accentra insert Dist fan replacement I roll stove out on rails, remove top, all cast iron from inside and the front door. Then lift front and place short pieces of 4x4 post on front corners then go to back and do the same. That gets it up hi enough to work and replace fan. I can do that procedure by myself without having to bring another guy. If you had a hand it would be even easier. I just tape a string on the wires and pull it thru then use it to pull new wires back up.