Harman Accentra output temp numbers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the stove placed in "Stove Temp" both knobs on seven, I got 155* at the very top, now the plate at the bottom was 365* of course this is what the top of the fire is hitting ... I do notice that once the fire gets really going good, the stove backs it off and will not allow it to get any hotter...
I do plan on burning in "Room temp" the next cold night, to get some readings... I do know that in this mode it burns much hotter, how much I am not yet sure of...

Attachments

• 2007_12190010.jpg
    2007_12190010.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 448
try backing down on the feed.... hopefully the stove wont back down and keep your high temps!!.. what kind of pellets are you burning?

iceman said:
try backing down on the feed.... hopefully the stove wont back down and keep your high temps!!.. what kind of pellets are you burning?

Right now I have Country Boy White Lightning pellets but only 5-6 bags left then it's Somerset's... I very rarely burn it this hot, just wanted to see what kind of numbers I would get... When we lost power last Jan. I had it on these numbers and my living room with 8' ceilings only got to 70*, i fliped it over to "room temp" and two hours later it 82* in that room!!!

THE ROOSTER said:
With the stove placed in "Stove Temp" both knobs on seven, I got 155* at the very top, now the plate at the bottom was 365* of course this is what the top of the fire is hitting ... I do notice that once the fire gets really going good, the stove backs it off and will not allow it to get any hotter...
I do plan on burning in "Room temp" the next cold night, to get some readings... I do know that in this mode it burns much hotter, how much I am not yet sure of...

Rooster you may want to take those logs out of there. I was told to just put them in for the off season for show. Dealer said they affect the heat output.I havent used my stove with them in yet.I have a stove temp magnetic at the lowerfar right side of blower. I get 270 with lignetics on a clean stove by day 3 around 250 by day 7 around 230 then I know its time to clean.I have tryed stove temp so many times and just cant get the heat output. I have the exact same stove as you do there in pic. I set room temp at 75 feed at 4.5 - 5 when temp is in the 20s and below. Wheb 30 and above 68-70 .I am going to put the temp gauge lower center wher you have in pic to see what I get

the only thing different between stove and room is the stove will try to raise or lower the temp automatically.... stove temp is just crusie control....better on the stove and uses a steady amount of pellets
try the stove temp...

you can heat your room by turning the fan full blast and also the stove... thats all room temp does then it backs down once the desired temp is reached

iceman said:
the only thing different between stove and room is the stove will try to raise or lower the temp automatically.... stove temp is just crusie control....better on the stove and uses a steady amount of pellets
try the stove temp...

you can heat your room by turning the fan full blast and also the stove... thats all room temp does then it backs down once the desired temp is reached

Iceman where should the dials be set at ? temp #d 1-7 feed 1-6 Fan I got it put it on high. Are you saying turn temp dial to 7 ? What about the feed 4-5 ?

investor7952 said:
THE ROOSTER said:

Rooster you may want to take those logs out of there. I was told to just put them in for the off season for show. Dealer said they affect the heat output.I havent used my stove with them in yet.I have a stove temp magnetic at the lowerfar right side of blower. I get 270 with lignetics on a clean stove by day 3 around 250 by day 7 around 230 then I know its time to clean.I have tryed stove temp so many times and just cant get the heat output. I have the exact same stove as you do there in pic. I set room temp at 75 feed at 4.5 - 5 when temp is in the 20s and below. Wheb 30 and above 68-70 .I am going to put the temp gauge lower center wher you have in pic to see what I get

Thanks for the tip, the picture above is from last year, they have been out for sometime now...

iceman said:
try the stove temp...

Well, that maybe the case for your stove but it's not for mine...

investor7952 said:
iceman said:
try the stove temp...

Iceman where should the dials be set at ? temp #d 1-7 feed 1-6 Fan I got it put it on high. Are you saying turn temp dial to 7 ? What about the feed 4-5 ?

what type stove are you running?
if you have a harman and wanna stay around 1.5 bags a day try it somewhere around 4.5-5 turn the feed to 5-7 depending on pellet type... move your fan spped up to 3/4 ( so that its not on high but right before it)

THE ROOSTER said:
investor7952 said:
THE ROOSTER said:

Thanks for the tip, the picture above is from last year, they have been out for sometime now...

iceman said:
try the stove temp...

Well, that maybe the case for your stove but it's not for mine...

I don't understand... are you saying you get hotter temps coming out of your stove in room temp than if you had your stove full blast on stove temp?

think of a furnace...... (forced air) it kicks on x amount of times according to temp of the house (and insulation value) lets say 4xs an hr great insulation 2xs an hr
a stove in room temp will increase its output according to your temp setting, size of your house and insulation value..if it cranks out heat full blast to heat your house it uses say 3lb an hr for 1 hr... your house is comfy.. however long it takes for the coldest air to reach back to that sensor will determine the next time it increases its usage..... but until then it backs down to say 1lb an hr .. this all changes as the temp fluctuates in the house... 3lbs -1lb-2lb-3lb-4lb-2 ... but the gain is you can heat your house faster than i can mine because mine wont go above 1.5lbs per hou but eventually my temp will raise or i can kick it to 3lbs an hr get my temp and back it down and run a steady 2lbs an hr.....
harman gave us the option and it is what works best for each individual ... , in my case and many others i am able to make my pellets last longer by using stove temp.., which again will vary with different people, these are just my findings in dealing with harman stoves (this is my second harman) and burning pellets for the last 10+ years... just trying to help people save a little money....

iceman, yes I am saying mine burns much hotter in room temp than stove temp, last years ice storm proved that to me the room was only getting colder like 68* until I gave up and placed it in room temp I then fell back asleep for about two hours when I woke up the room was almost 80* and my upstairs went from 57* to 61*... But I also like and use stove temp more than room temp with the heat pumps...

THE ROOSTER said:
iceman, yes I am saying mine burns much hotter in room temp than stove temp, last years ice storm proved that to me the room was only getting colder like 68* until I gave up and placed it in room temp I then fell back asleep for about two hours when I woke up the room was almost 80* and my upstairs went from 57* to 61*... But I also like and use stove temp more than room temp with the heat pumps...

I also have the same stove and have cranked max on stove temp and cant get heat output as room temp. I do know when its 25 and below the stove is roaring becuase it never reaches the set room temp. If I were to raise the temp probe higher perhaps it would reach the set temp setting. But either way I have a thermostat midway through room at it reads max temp of 70-71 when outside air is 25 and below. iT DOESNT MATTER what I set room temp to the stove has a max output so if I set stove at 70 with outside temp below 25 or I set stove at 75 or even 80 I still get the same amount of heat output becuase its still running flat out to achieve the unacheivable. My temp probe where my room sensor is at never get over 68 because I have it about 5 inches above my hardwood floor. I could raise it but it still wont make my room any hotter than 70-71 when outside temp is 25 and below.
All stove have a max output and mine is running at max for the size area I am trying to heat. Now if I had a more closed floor plan I am sure the temp in that room would be sizziling. Again I have a 3200 sft colonial 9 ft ceilings 18 ft foyer leading to 3 upper bedrooms. I have no other form of heat that I use other than a small ceamic heater in bedroom on cold nights. My upstairs stays a steady 67-69 when temp is below 25 and upwards of 70=72 above 30.

My Harman maxes out at around 147-155* also. I think I read somewheres here that the exhaust gas is limited to 250*. Wierd, because the stove claims 85% efficiency.

your exhaust high limit is 480 on that stove. keep your feed rate high and run your convection blower at about 80% too much air across the heat exchanger keeps it cool. Slowing the air increases the amount of time the heat can tranfer to the air hence warmer air. The stove will turn up the blower on it's own when it gets too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.