Harman Accentra Room Temp Setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caralck

Hearth Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Well, I've given up on the room temp setting. It's set up for 70 deg and the house is certainly not at 70 and yet it still doesn't come back on. I don't even think the room that the insert is in is at 70 deg either. I guess we'll just have to leave it on the stove setting once Portland gets consistently cold. I really don't want to string up wires around the house either.

where is the room sensor probe located in relationship to the unit?

It's still under the stove itself. We didn't get an extension wire because I don't want to have wires stretching out over the house. We figured that if that room got cold, it would get the stove to turn on. That room isn't warm (certainly not 70 deg) and it hasn't gone back on since initially setting the temp to 70. I had it on 65 but since the house was already at 65 deg, the stove didn't go on. I thought when looking at the brochure that it came with wireless sensors to put up around the house but apparently not

Ok, maybe it is going on in the middle of the night because I just opened the pellet hopper area and we need to refill it. So maybe I just need to turn the temp setting up a bit to have it run longer though at the moment the house is a decent temp.

working with the probe is a lil whacky. instead of moving the thing around trying to find "the spot", I suggest finding what temp (say2-3 degrees higher) you need to set the machine to get to the comfortable level you're looking for and just remember that differential. You want 70 and in order to get 70 you may have to tell the machine 73. I'd guess the hearth is getting warm, and staying warm, longer than the air in the room and thats telling the machine that everything is ok, meanwhile the room gets cooler than you like. I have tried giving stoves a good stern talking to, but they just ignore me.

I ran mine under the stove into my unfinished basement and up the wall in the corner into a fake tree. Mine is very accurate now. Before I did this it was way off, because in the cold winter the intake air was pulling from my cold basement under the stove, and that kept the probe reading that much lower temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.