Harman Advance auger slack adjuster wheel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

Jul 13, 2008
NY
Hi,
i just picked up my Advance from a 07/05/08 order that is braned new with a manufactured date of 12/07 ? on a factory check sheet inside the hopper w/manual. I can see that it has a updated auger with the number 2 stenciled under the back of the auger. Is there any other updates this stove should have that a newly manufactured one has? As for the slack adjuster, the white nylon slack adjuster wheel that the chain rides on top of does not spin. It would seem to reason that it should rotate with the chain so a grove does not get burnt in.
Also I seen on a cleaning video that is not in the book there is a door to clean out pellet fines. how often does this need to be done and where is it?

Any help with possible pics would be great
thanks.

My stove is not identical to yours, but I believe it's pretty close. The door you're looking for is inside the rear cover on the right hand side, viewed from the front. That is the same side the front door is hinged on. Look directly behind the chain, about 3 or 4 inches back and you'll see a wingnut. That's the spot. When cleaning this area it's a good idea to cover the blower motor as the fines will fall into the blades after you remove the wingnut and plate. Unless you enjoy blowing sawdust around the house, of course. My book says to clean this about once a year, and that seems about right unless your pellets contain a lot of fines.
The guide wheel on the chain does not spin. After watching it work, I don't think it moves fast enough to worry about.

flashbang said:
Hi,
i just picked up my Advance from a 07/05/08 order that is braned new with a manufactured date of 12/07 ? on a factory check sheet inside the hopper w/manual. I can see that it has a updated auger with the number 2 stenciled under the back of the auger. Is there any other updates this stove should have that a newly manufactured one has? As for the slack adjuster, the white nylon slack adjuster wheel that the chain rides on top of does not spin. It would seem to reason that it should rotate with the chain so a grove does not get burnt in.
Also I seen on a cleaning video that is not in the book there is a door to clean out pellet fines. how often does this need to be done and where is it?

Any help with possible pics would be great
thanks.

The updates are running changes the will make the stove quiter. Even though your stove was made 12-07 it should be the newest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.