1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman Advance Questions

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by amos, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amos

amos New Member

Loc:
    Reno,nv
    I have just installed the Harman Advance and so far it seems great. I have one question and that is I was not able to measure the draft for the stove like it explained in the manual. If the setting was wrong what would I see to know that there is something wrong if any. Does anyone know where I can purchase a draft gauge/meter??.
    Thanks
    This is my first post here and very new to pellet stoves.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Alan

Alan Member

Loc:
    Northern California
    You must have installed it yourself? My dealer did the measurement & adjustment, but only after I read it in the manual & called him back to do it!

I reallyl don't know how much difference it makes, but it is supposed to optimize the stove efficiency by adjusting your exhaust venting, hence pressure inside the stove. The variables that drive differences between installations are the AC voltage (=motor speed) and exhaust pipe configuration.

--Alan
  3. amos

amos New Member

Loc:
    Reno,nv
    Yes it was a self install. I guess I need to get someone out to check it.
    Thanks
    Steve
  4. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    It is done with a magnahelic gauge at the install, I installled my stove never did it, asked the dealer if it needed to be done , naturally he said the factory setting was ok, there are people on this site that say different, you can purchase them on ebay they are not expensive, my stove works gives off plenty of heat, basically it is up to you.Good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.