Harman auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PELLETCONVERT

Nov 8, 2013
BEL AIR MD
Hello all,

did my monthly cleaning , pullen my Harman 42I insert

to my surprise found grease leaking from mu auger shaft (upper left) any any seen this?

called for a service appt,(warranty verified) stv.jpg makes no noise etc. wouldnt have oticed had i not pulled the insert

As a side ,
my dealer is coming on saturday to service/ look at my stove (warranty)

I plan to shut down and clean the stove the night before so it cools down ,

the grease can only be seen when my insert is pulled out, i was planning to lay a drop cloth down , and have the stove pulled out for the tech with all the plates removed . just curious if this is proper , or should i leave the stove in place?

I wonder how many service reps show up to an appointment to a hot , untouchable stove

Pretty good service to have a tech out on Saturday ... Good catch on the grease spot.

For your situation, it may be a helpful surprise for the tech. Some situations require the stove running if fans/motors/augers are making noise. If they are good on service, they will probably like to (and should) see it running before they leave.

Reactions: PELLETCONVERT
Pretty good service to have a tech out on Saturday ... Good catch on the grease spot.

For your situation, it may be a helpful surprise for the tech. Some situations require the stove running if fans/motors/augers are making noise. If they are good on service, they will probably like to (and should) see it running before they leave.
Thank you yeah, i guess doing regular maintenance has its advantages, auger not making any noise just thought take care of it while still under warranty, will be expired next season

Status
Not open for further replies.