1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

harman combustion fan won't shut off?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ivanhoe, Apr 28, 2013.

1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    My Accentra combustion fan won't eventually shut off after initiating shut down mode. It goes into shut down but the combustion fan runs & runs. It use to shut off after awhile but not no more, what gives? Now i can't do a shut down in the morning and go to work and come home with a off stove but one with the combustion fan still running:mad:. Could it be the ESP is starting to act-up?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Sure could. Have you pulled it & cleaned it? If it doesn't sense the temperature drop in the exhaust stream, it'll keep on keepin on...
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Clean the ESP probe real good and unplug it from the circuit board and plug it back in to assure a good connection. Be careful not to break the plastic clip that holds it in.
  4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Thank you, I will pull it out & clean it good. I never pulled it out before but always gave it a brush-over when doing a cleaning of the stove.
  5. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    You really should pull the ESP every time you run a brush through the internal vent in the stove.
    That's a VERY sensitive part & the slightest bend to the sheathing will render it suspect, or worthless...
    A 1/4" magnetic nut driver is the ideal tool for the job of pulling the zip screw that holds it in place.
    Speedy White glass cleaner from Rutland works really well for cleaning the ESP.
  6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Finished cleaning it! As soon i plug it in, the combustion fan comes on even when in OFF position. It works when the flame is started, meaning it waits for temperature to rise before starting to feed pellets! It looks like it works on the high end of the parameter but not the low end of it!?!? Poor design when the OAK is attached, have to remove the piping to be able to pull the ESP probe out! Harman tech take note if you're chiming in!!!!!