Harman Door open?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ridgeracing

Dec 6, 2017
PA
Allure 50- Stove is newly installed (brand new), when I open glass to fill pellets it leaves a door open message after closing, I have to keep pushing down on glass to get light to go out. Is there a switch to adjust? Afraid to walk away and it stop feeding pellets and run out.

The hopper lid being opened is sensed by vacuum up next to the right hinge, so if you have to push down on the lid it's not sealing properly, double check and make sure a piece of pellet is not stuck around the gasket anywhere or that the gasket is not damaged at all, if not the only way to adjust the lid tighter is by installing 2 small washers between the latch and the stove to shim the latch down so it pulls tighter. But if it comes to that I would call the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.

Last edited:
The hopper lid being opened is sensed by vacuum up next to the right hinge, so if you have to push down on the lid it's not sealing properly, double check and make sure a piece of pellet is not stuck around the gasket anywhere or that the gasket is not damaged at all, if not the only way to adjust the lid tighter is by installing 2 small washers between the latch and the stove to shim the latch down so it pulls tighter. But if it comes to that I would call the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.
Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was a vacuum switch or not