Harman exhaust ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AccentraRRT

Burning Hunk
Mar 1, 2014
Massachusetts
I have a Harman Accentra that is about a year old. I do a thorough cleaning on almost weekly but I cannot say I have seen this spot right at the exhaust, post fan. It looks like a dig/knick but when hit with a flash light looks like a screw/nut head. But it also looks like it could go completely through... I took a few picture. Anyone else notice this on their's? Or know if my stove is at risk in anyway? Like I said, it could have been there all along and I've never noticed it but I don't remember ever seeing it before. I only use an ash vac with soft brush tips. image.jpgimage.jpg

Yes I have that also. It's the end of a one of three bolts that holds the exhaust duct (the one with the ESP in it) to the casting.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
Now that is one clean exhaust outlet, good job on keeping that puppy clean:cool:

I see how clean ppl keep the stoves and I go home and re clean and clean again lol.

I try to clean it once a week.. If I can find a day in the mid to high 40s, even 50s as of late, it's worth it to shut it down let it cool and give it a quick clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.