Harman Invincible Insert Outside Air Kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SXIPro

Minister of Fire
Sep 28, 2009
Northern MA
Been on here reading about the OAKs. Anyone know if it can be used with an Invincible insert? Mine draws air from under the stove, so it creates almost a 'current' of cold air getting dragged across my living room floor. I just can't picture how an OAK would attach to my insert.

I had to make an attachment for my Harman Invincible to install and OAK. I cut a 3 inch hole in the back of the stove. There is already a 2 inch I think..maybe larger. I then used the intake plate as a template and took a 3 inch washer and cut out some of the middle to make it practically exact. Then I made a flange to fit around the washer and mount to the stove. I attached a flex 3" pipe and ran it out the hole to the outside added an elbow and a screen so critters don't get in. Hope this helps
Stove works great and I can feel the suction from the pipe outside so I know it is working good.

Thank you very much! :)

Chach,

I'm not a newbie, but not a pro by any means. When you say you made a 3" hole in the back of the stove, exactly where do you mean.
Isn't the fan on the bottom of the Invincible for distribution air only and the fan in back for combustion? It seems to me you would need to put OAK through the surround plate.

I also did a similar modification. Rather than using the existing 2" hole which is located below the exhaust (very tight to run a line to). I drilled out another one on the other end of the unit where there is much more room to run the flex line ( I taped off the original hole). Works great! The hole access's the (heater element) compartment located below the fire pit.

SXIPro said:
Been on here reading about the OAKs. Anyone know if it can be used with an Invincible insert? Mine draws air from under the stove, so it creates almost a 'current' of cold air getting dragged across my living room floor. I just can't picture how an OAK would attach to my insert.

Im guessing what you are really feeling is the movement of air being sucked into the DISTRIBUTION fan rather than air for combustion....the distrubution blower is indeed under the unit, whereas the combustion blower is to the rear, inside, in a well. The Accentra Insert does have an option for an Outside Air kit available......it bolts right to the back of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.