Harman Invincible Pellet Insert auto feed not working.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnedout

Nov 17, 2013
Clarksville,MD
Classic Symptoms:
Fire starts up normally, but distribution blower and feed motor do not come on. Fire burns out due to lack of pellet feed. This happens whether in “Room Temp” mode (e.g., using room sensing probe) or “Stove Temperature” mode (e.g., without the room sensing mode). Smoke coming from burn pot.

Owner Troubleshooting:
  • All blowers and feed motor work in test mode.
  • Have pulled out stove, thoroughly cleaned stove including burn pot and ESP probe.
  • Have cleaned ESP control board with compressed air
  • Have replaced door gasket
  • Chimney sweep last year
  • Both Feed Adjuster and Mode Selector potentiometers exhibit intermittent operation (e.g. appear to short out) when adjusting them … suggesting they may be worn and possible the cause or contributing to the cause.
Issues:
  1. Could replace ESP probe (est'd $210) but concerned that problem with ESP control board is show stopper. Was told by local dealer that replacement board is not available.
  2. Should I give up on this stove? Worked great for 18 years...up until now?
  3. Anything else to try?

Last edited:
Yep, we'll try the Pellet Forum

Does the invincible have a vacuum switch? Someone just got their board repaired on an invincible. If the vac switch is not closing to complete the circuit the auger will not feed.

you should be able to get a new control board without problems...is same as P61 and newer P38 (not P61A mind you). I suggest revisitng the chimney. Blockage in the exhaust will prevent auger motion (via pressure/vacuum switch, whichever you like to call it).

Thanks to all for your assistance. Problem solved.

I replaced the ESP probe ($80) and did a more thorough job of cleaning out the stink bugs from my combustion motor. Stove works great now and even the control board potentiometers seem to function better.

Status
Not open for further replies.