Harman Invincible

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boron

Mar 7, 2014
United States
Newbie but regular lurker here.

Bought a Harman Invincible freestanding, circa mid '90s. It needs an auger motor. Does anyone have any diagrams, pictures or just plain advice on where to start to take this apart to get at the old/install the new?

Thanks!

Start by downloading manual from Harman stoves web site, owner resources

I have the manuals I was able to download. They are the owners manuals on operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and cleaning etc. There is a circuit diagram but no parts diagrams etc. that might show where everything is located, what to take apart to get to that motor etc. Was hoping someone had done this before on the same unit who could share some insight.

You need to familarize yourself with pellet stoves in general.Play on the net and look up some sites that describe how they work.Most are very simular.Then go back to the harman site and look up manuals under service parts.Don't think yours will be there,but very simular to an accentra(I think).Take your stove apart,the sides or back will come off fairly easy,and look around and train yourself.Also,just posting a thread is a very small part of this site,use the search box,there are posts about your model.Bob.

I have the manuals I was able to download. They are the owners manuals on operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and cleaning etc. There is a circuit diagram but no parts diagrams etc. that might show where everything is located, what to take apart to get to that motor etc. Was hoping someone had done this before on the same unit who could share some insight.
Try using the search feature of this site. There are other owners of this stove and same guts as Vermont castings.

Looks like its the same feed system as most Harmans. I would check with a pigtail cord to power directly the motor before jumping to the conclusion of bad motor. Likely worn gaskets preventing good fire chamber vacuum preventing the vac switch from completing feed circuit. That stove is at least 14 years old. I hope to get a Accentra next week used. Not near that old I hope:)

I did not know it was the same guts as vermont castings. I'll check into that. I have a Whitfield insert that runs about 1 hours a day but have not had to put anything into that one except pellets. The Harmon is a Beast compared to the Whitfield.
I am hoping oldie but goodie. I don't mind putting in motors, fans or boards because every stove is going to need that stuff over time. I just can't see shelling out 3-4k for a new stove and having to start putting parts in after a couple of seasons anyway.
I'll try to pull off the side panels and see if I can find that thing. Previous owner had a service call on it and it was diagnosed as an auger motor but owner didn't want to put $250 into it at the time so he eventually sold it - to me!

From the pictures it's pretty straight forward for service of the auger assembly. Same standard 4 rpm motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.