1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harman P-43 and Metal Fab question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by iron stove, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iron stove

iron stove Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Finally decided on upgrading to a Harman P-43, and have a vent question. The dealer carries all sorts of pipe, but doesnt do Metal Fab, which is what ive used for my old pipe. Which stove adapter do I need to get to go from the Harman, and into my 3" Tee, and do I need 6" of extra pipe to clear the back of stove, or will the adapter and tee clear?

Thanks !

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    I used to deal in metal fab, you will need the extra 6" to get past the hopper and the the 3PSA stove adapter should work just fine.
  3. iron stove

Loc:
    Central CT
    My old stove had a pair of flanges with 4 bolts and a soft fiber gasket between my Tee and the actuall stove. East to unsrew and move stove for cleaning.

DO I have to silicone the 3PSA to the stove, or what ? Want to be able to easily disasemble for cleaning. I usually silicone all the joints of the pipe.
  4. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    yes, silicone the 3PSA to the stove, you can unbolt the stove's flange via the 3 bolts (1/2" i believe) right in front of where the pipe will connect.
  5. iron stove

Loc:
    Central CT
    Perfect, Thanks foir the help Delta !
  6. CJ-SR4ever

CJ-SR4ever New Member

Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Im not sure if the height of the t300P is the same as the P-43. If it is it should be a breeze to install, if not you may have to adjust the pipe a bit.
  7. iron stove

Loc:
    Central CT
    Around .25-.5" diffrence. That was one reason I went with the Harman. There were other stoves at the top of list, but one was venting further left, and another 10" higher, would have been a mess to repipe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.