Harman P43 burn problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

park4019

Nov 27, 2012
Southeastern Ma.
Does anyone know what causes fire to only partially burn on the left side of the burn pot, & push the remainder of pellets off the edge of the pot ? Stove in question, is a older model Harman P43.
Thanks, park4019

Check to make sure that all the vent holes in the burn pot are cleared.

air starve problem clean fan and exhaust including cap. And what was said above.

I have a P43. This issue for me happens if I were to allow a buildup of fine ash inside the burn pot. I have never had any issue with the holes plugging in 11 years of operation. The P43 is not a forgiving stove if allowed to get too dirty or the ash pan to get over half full. It is a fantastic stove and very bullet proof.