Harman P43 rumbling sound???????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phileefan

Nov 2, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Hello all,
I had my Harman P43 installed this fall by the dealer I bought it from. I have it vented thru an existing chimney with a 8" stainless steel liner in it. My pellet stove is the only thing that goes into the chimney. I run my stove on room temp setting, distribution blower on high, auto ignition and feed rate at 3.5. Every once in awhile I hear a rumbling sound ( for lack of a better term ) coming out of the stove. I don't have a OAK installed. My home was built in the 1950's. I've had other wood and coal stoves over the years and they seemed to draw ok. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance........

I have the same stove. Probably here the same noise. A very faint rumbling. Dosent bother me to much. It has done it since newly installed.

This subject comes up fairly frequently. Seems to come on when stove goes to a high feed rate. Another company closes off part of the air intake. Our stove used to do it and could force it to do it as well.

I only notice it when it is brought up not as loud as it used to be and only when feeding the pot

Thanks for the responses. It seems only when I turn it up, it initially makes this sound until it gets ramped up for that setting. Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.