harman p61 feed control knob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoaf88

Oct 19, 2009
RI
I just got a harman p61 used
Everything works fine except the knob for the feed rate snapped off in my hand.
I think it was not used for a long time and became brittle.
I checked inside and the shaft for the pot looks totally fine (d shaped)
Can i just get a new knob and put it in there? Or do i need a new inside piece as well.
I know i can solder on a whole new pot, but the pot is fine, the knob is the only issue

Ebay has new pots for about 10 delivered. They are known for failure. Usually the stove or room pot because it gets used the most. I would replace now before you really need it. Once of prevention worth keeping the oil man away.IMO

I just got a harman p61 used
Everything works fine except the knob for the feed rate snapped off in my hand.
I think it was not used for a long time and became brittle.
I checked inside and the shaft for the pot looks totally fine (d shaped)
Can i just get a new knob and put it in there? Or do i need a new inside piece as well.
I know i can solder on a whole new pot, but the pot is fine, the knob is the only issue

You will need a new shaft, the knob should be ok if you can manage to get the broken piece out. You will need to know if you need the short shaft or the longer one, it does make a difference.

any of your local wonderful harman dealers should have the knobs and shaft for a nominal fee......

Where's the pictures?

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.