Harman P61 pellet stove status light blinking 3 times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Js1978

Oct 24, 2018
Wilton,ME
I recently bought an old manual start Harmon P61 pellet stove. It’s a 1998 model. The status light is blinking three times indicating a bad ESP probe. I tried a brand new probe from the dealer and the light is still blinking three times. The stove runs at minimum flame and won’t shut down: Is this a bad control board? A new board cost $279 and.cant be returned so I want to make sure this is the problem before I buy it. I talked to a technician at the local dealer and he told me to check the prongs the esp probe plugs into but they look fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m on a budget and very frustrated.

Did the replacement ESP probe have black wires or red? The older should have black unless the board was switched at some point.

The old probe has white wires. The local dealer called Harman and they said the black wire probe is the correct replacement. The red wire probe is for the auto ignite models.