Harman P61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
automatic would probably go for at least 2K, maybe 2200

I picked mine up last year for $700, but it needed a flame guide, room temp probe and paint. I'd expect to pay somewhere between $1500 and $2000 for one in very good condition.

I stole mine if you ask me...Craigslist find....wanted $1200 went looked at it was in great shape came with pipe. Guy said the auto ingnit didnt work I asked whats the best you can go he said $700 I said ok I WILL TAKE IT

No problems here...Mine works great. got down to 30 last nght and this stove rocks. I keep the house at 72 and only used about have bag of pellets a day............. I am ready for the real cold to get here in Mi chigan to put it to the test. I msure it will do fine!

I believe the P61 didn't have autoignite, the P61A did have autoignite. If you bought one used and in good visual/working condition for $1200, you stole it. The $700 deal is even more unbelieveable. Good for you!! I have had great experiences with my P61A, keeps my uninsulated basement at whatever temperature I desire - just a fantastic stove. Good luck with it!

never seen one w/ the hooper smoke issue... altough you could always get the crossover tube retrofit for the Harmans thru a dealer and avoid any feed tube soot/smoke issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.