Harman P61A Feed control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanwop

Nov 22, 2010
Ca
Need help...Harman P61a feed control is not working. Dumping in too many pellets and getting a dirty burn. Changed out ESP already. Control panel?

could be a control board thing, but I'd make sure to eliminate the possibility of some congestion somewhere's in the stove. Double check burnpot and the lil hatch under it, combustion blower and its fan blades, exhaust pipe, air intake flapper moving freely, leaky gasket somewhere.

Changed ESP you say? new one same as old one? original black wires- new one black wires?

How is the exhaust? Have you cleaned it, not just a looky-loo?

Eric

I cleaned everything out with a toothbrush and spent about 2 hours doing it. The ESP was replaced twice after Harman sent me the ESP with the bad connection beads.

if you used those stupid orange plastic tabs to splice the wires....take things things off and splice the wires old school style with some electrical tape or a wire nut, or a crimp fitting. Those tabs are the worst. You might just have a bad connection.

Delta-T said:
could be a control board thing, but I'd make sure to eliminate the possibility of some congestion somewhere's in the stove. Double check burnpot and the lil hatch under it, combustion blower and its fan blades, exhaust pipe, air intake flapper moving freely, leaky gasket somewhere.

Changed ESP you say? new one same as old one? original black wires- new one black wires?

Black wires or red wires??

woyb said:
Delta-T said:

Black wires or red wires??

yeah, thats what I was getting at, could just be the #5 dip switchy, still leaning towards bad connection from those tabs, seen it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.