HARMAN STOVE SINCE THE BUYOUT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackiec

Nov 8, 2008
E. MA
Has anyone been keeping tabs on Harman Stove’s quality and reliability since being bought out? Does anyone know of any changes? I would be very interested in knowing if Quadrafire has tried to address the Accentra insert loud fan noise, or if they have any plans to do so. I would think that if the Accentra’s noise problem was solved, it would be a hard stove to beat.

Quadra has nothing to do with Harmon, separate company, both owned by HHT.

slls said:
Quadra has nothing to do with Harmon, separate company, both owned by HHT.

Yes, but one would think the parent company would make obvious improvements to help each subsidiary. How difficult is it to swtch to a quieter blower fan ?

As I understand it, the noise from the blower is just part of the problem - the other part is the geometry of the heat exchanger.

If the airflow path causes turbulence, then you get noise. if you have smooth flow, then it's quiet.

that's why inserts & freestanding stoves make diffrent amounts of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.