Harman Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
My family enjoys spending time in a lodge in Mifflin County near Greenwood Furnace State Park each year between Christmas and New Year's Day. When my parents arrived, they said that the temperature was near 90 in the main living area. We were only able to feed the stove a few pieces of wood at at time to avoid overheating the place. The wood was ends from a saw mill. It was seasoned but not dry (the glass was clean when we arrived). I didn't see a model name on the stove but it was constructed with heavy plate steel and had a blower. No secondary combustion - just an 8 inch pipe that has been discolored from overheating.
Harman Stove.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.