Harman xxv cleaning like new.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. Scrape, sand, clean with thinner, spray with black stove paint. Then coat with cooking spray and let sit for summer. Use and repeat process.

LOL, no I'm talking about 30 minutes of extra work beyond normal Spring cleaning. Helps to keep rust bugs away, and XXV are beautiful stoves, they deserve it! I also use to spray outside with light mist of WD-40 to help keep cast iron from rusting during muggy Summers. Kind of miss the ole XXV.

I have never had rust issues with my stove & i have had it since 2014 . i just like keeping the heat exchanger clean from ash build up the stove always burns hot that way. Scrapping only removes minimum ash but warm water gets it clean like new

Never tried it on the heat exchanger. when I bought my used accentra I used the flue brush and some hot soapy water,dawn dish soap to scrub out the vent pipe that came with the stove. I was shocked to see perfectly shiny stainless steel inside when I was done. Years of build-up and crud were gone in just a few minutes. I use stove black on the outside of the stove, does a great job, fast and much easier than you might think.

Yup its amazing what just soap & water can do to clean ash ect. I dont use soap but i use water to clean the interior of my stove , then dry it with a hair dryer . works well with no rust yet

Here are some before & after photos of spraying the heat exchanger with warm water to clean all the ash off.

Attachments

• 1205161224-1-1.jpg
    1205161224-1-1.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 1205161332-1.jpg
    1205161332-1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.