Harman XXV control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorsargeT

Mar 4, 2014
Rhode Island
Hi all. I have an older XXV that works great. Or so I thought. One of my co-workers bought a new one last year and his seems to use far fewer pellets and is much more accurate on the room temp settings than mine is. I have heard that there is updated programming in the new control board that may make a huge difference. My stove is clean, vented correctly and we are burning the same pellets that we bought together to get an 8 ton discount. Does anybody think that spending the money on a new board would make enough of a difference to make it worth it?

More likely your homes and stove location etc is the difference, and a newer circuit board will not make a difference at all. As far as I know, the newer board only allows a controlled shut down when an approved UPS is installed. How old is your XXV?

More likely your homes and stove location etc is the difference, and a newer circuit board will not make a difference at all. As far as I know, the newer board only allows a controlled shut down when an approved UPS is installed. How old is your XXV?

Its from the first year they were built. Serial #2668

If your coworker is "using far fewer pellets" , you likely have two very different homes with different insulation and different draftiness and different stove layouts, etc., etc. if your stove and vents are clean, you will not likely " see a huge improvement " with a newer control board. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.