Harman XXV is it suppose to have one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BKM-540

Jan 5, 2016
SW Virginia
Harman XXV bought new back in 2015. Recently searching for a replacement door gasket I noticed some combustion motor/fan gaskets and started looking at them with some suspicion because mine doesn’t have one and never did. So is it suppose to?

Harman XXV bought new back in 2015. Recently searching for a replacement door gasket I noticed some combustion motor/fan gaskets and started looking at them with some suspicion because mine doesn’t have one and never did. So is it suppose to?

Your stove is fine. None of the Harmans have one on the combustion or distribution blowers.

Hugh

Reactions: Ssyko
Thanks for your help. Now that I’m thinking about it, kind of seems crazy that there isn’t one...

It would have to be something like a silicone seal around the shaft and that would create a good deal of friction. I think that the combustion impeller creates a suction on both sides of it so a small amount of air is sucked into the stove around the blower motor shaft preventing combustion gases from getting into the room.

YMMV,

Hugh

Reactions: BKM-540 and Ssyko