Harmon p68 distributor blower,feed motor & igniter do not work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudine12801

Aug 2, 2014
New York
Power and status lights come on as does combustion blower.

However the distributor blower, feed motor and igniter do not come on.

If we apply a manual draw by sucking on the hose that runs to low pressure switch the stove works.

We have done the following:
Total cleaning
Pipes clear
Replaced low pressure switch
Replaced low draft sensor
Replaced viewing door gasket
Esp control board switched out

I can't afford to shell out 4000 for a new one.
Stove is 6 years old and we run cubex pellets

Your a long way from having to get another stove. Still have the ash bin door gasket to possibly be a problem. About $9 to replace yourself. Maybe the rpm of exhaust motor not up to snuff? Its seems to be a vacuum issue and don't know the reasoning to have replaced the board!? There's enough Harman owners here to get it hashed out.

Make sure the fitting where the low pressure tube hooks to the exhaust isn't plugged.
Ron

What is exhaust motor, is that the same as combustion motor? If so do you know the cost
Exhaust-combustion same thing. You will get used to the terms used. Last time I searched was about $110. Usually a bit of a pain to replace as the fan that sits in the exhaust path likes to stick on hard or the set screw becomes way to set or to rusted to get the allen wrench into. When you have the fan cover off you should be able to turn the stove to test and fans should come up to a very good speed. That can be messy so hopefully you can move the stove outside.

Is there a way to test if the motor is putting out enough rpm's to provide enough vacuum to trip low pressure switch so pellet stove will start.thank you for your time

Does the hopper lid have a switch? Stop throwing parts at it....you are spending money unnecessarily. Really does sound like a vacuum issue. Is the fines compartment door secured?

Make sure the temp dial is turned up high enough to make the stove think it needs to turn on and produce heat. The symptoms you are describing sound like what happens when I intentionally leave the door open on my stove so the combustion motor will run while I'm cleaning it. Triple check the seals on the front door, ash pan door, and hopper lid.

Make sure the fitting where the low pressure tube hooks to the exhaust isn't plugged.
Ron
Does the exhaust blower work? Could be that the pressure switch tube is plugged. Try pulling the tube off the switch and using canned air, squeeze off a blast in the tube. replace and try starting it again.

If we apply a manual draw by sucking on the hose that runs to low pressure switch the stove works.

Can you explain in detail exactly what that means? Just trying to visualize what you are doing to make it work?

ASh bin drawer gasket replaced or checked using the dollar bill test?

If sucking the hose is getting the stove to run, try the other direction(hose to stove) to see if there is a possible obstruction. Close picture of assembly so we may get an idea of what your describing as a muffler.

I will have to wait until I get home Thursday night- The tube as far as I know runs up into the back of the hopper and it connects through a hole to the muffler that is in the hopper

I just poured thru the manual again and they dont even list the muffler in the downloadable version. I think I know why they tried this and should be more tubing and another connection. Maybe someone else with a like system thou rare will chime in. Wonder if anyone at the MN offices have a clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.