1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

harryback does this look right?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by lime4x4, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lime4x4

lime4x4 Member

Loc:
    Northeast Pa
    this is a pic of my coal bed on a feed rate of 2 on the off cycle
    harman magnum stoker

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    it doesnt look bad, limey....theres never really much of a flame with coal, and im not sure in a flash image if youd see the flame anyways....seems to be burning at around the right place, no live embers falling off the leading edge....seems well burnt.....try to turn it up a bit....play with it some....dont make huge changes, incremental ones, and wait like 2 hours in between for a difference...what have you got to lose?
  3. lime4x4

lime4x4 Member

Loc:
    Northeast Pa
    well i did try that anything more then a 2 dot feed rate and hot coals start to push off the grates which isn't good
  4. zogboy

zogboy New Member

Loc:
    CNY
    Do you have enough combustion air?
    I don't know how your stove is suppose to work but I do know in my stove when the combustion air is blocked by ash the coal will not burn completly.
    I cleared all the airways and the coal burns to a nice ash with very few cinders, none of them are black just grey ash.
  5. FireJumper

FireJumper New Member

Good point zogboy, but you also need to check your on and of times on your control box. this may be part of you problem with it over feeding. Now if the unit is keeping your house comfortable I wouldn't mess with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.