Has anyone stained their bricks around the fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bricks are dingy white and now that I have a brown timberline insert in the fireplace, I am thinking of staining the bricks. Has anyone had any luck doing that?

Kim, are they actually white bricks, or did somebody paint them at some time? Rick

They are not painted, they are white bricks. the guy that did my install, took a wire brush and brushed some of the brick to clean off some burn marks on the brick and came off well, but still white brick under the mark.

Okey dokey, then, I'd say yer good to go with staining them. (I've tried to work with brick that had been painted previously, and it got so frustrating I ended up just re-painting it). Just google "brick stain"...that'll get you started. There are a bunch of products and services available. I've had good luck staining grout before simply by using a darker grout mixed really thin & applied with a brush, but that might not be suitable for the surface of the brick. Anyway, there are brick stains available. Good luck! Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.