Has Anyone Used the ProFlex Poly Rod?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
http://www.northlineexpress.com/detail~PRODUCT_ID~5RU-PF-34-3.asp

Any feedback before I order this would be appreciated.
The salesperson seems to be confident it will work in my insert.
The insert is a Quad 2700i, is nearly floor level, and has a 45* angle to the stack, which is a straight shot 6" flex ss liner.
I think I will try this product and a plastic brush for sweeping from below.
They are not cheap at 15 bucks per 3'.

Thanks

that should work, but i would only buy one and connect to standard fiberglass rods. Most homeowner versions are 1/4" NPT threads, but a simple bushing from the plumbing section would adapt that section to the l regualar sections.

yea, on second thought, coming from the bottem those would be easier, if you were coming from the top i would stick to my original suggestion.

I thought you might have meant that. I already have a few fiberglass rods but they are not too flexible.

I am not certain how to block the soot from the living room as yet, if this setup would work. Perhaps rags stuffed in around the rod in the bottom of the flue.

I ordered 10 sections with a poly brush and adapter yesterday.
Now to figure out how to keep the living room clean.

I have the 5' sections of the pro flex poly rods. They are well built and work well. I have to bend the first one alot going up my insert from the inside of the house and it holds up fine. I have 3 of them because my chimney is only 17'. I recommend them.

They were delivered yesterday. They appear to me to be what I would call 'sprinkler pipe' with fittings on the end.
I am wondering if a long piece of that pipe attached to a brush in some way wouldn't have been a more economical and perhaps more fool-proof (no sections to unscrew or fitting/pipe interface to break) method. I'm not sure about the pipe size, maybe 1/2" id.
It might get pretty stiff when it's cold though.

My area stayed clean- I had my shop vac on and near the stoves door opening while I was sweeping. Any soot in the air was drawn into the vac. Not too bad.
Those rods will pay for themselves the first sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.