HD Military Discount Coupon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subsailor

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2011
Winthrop, Maine
I just received one for 15% on an entire order. Makes the MWP blend $167.45/ton. I'll make room somewhere!

Reactions: mepellet
15% military discount????? How'd you manage that? I still get 10% at my local HD's by asking for 'military' discount, not 'veteran's' discount and showing my old ID, which they never collected since I NEVER GOT MY DISCHARGE PAPERS!!!!! Don't show the VA ID card around my stores because they won't honor it. ????

15% military discount????? How'd you manage that? I still get 10% at my local HD's by asking for 'military' discount, not 'veteran's' discount and showing my old ID, which they never collected since I NEVER GOT MY DISCHARGE PAPERS!!!!! Don't show the VA ID card around my stores because they won't honor it. ????

I said military discount but it's a veterans discount, if there's any difference. They stopped the 10% all the time discount up here. Now you have to register at the service desk by showing the VA card. They gave me a 10% coupon on the spot. Now HD sends out occasional coupons, although it seems like I'm getting them every week. I just did this about a month ago. So far I've gotten 2 10%, a 5% and now 15%. When somebody is addicted to buying pellets even when they're at the regular price, it's not possible to pass up a 15% coupon.

Just called some of my HD's today. All at $209 a ton. Then proceeded to 2 different Lowes and they are $298.50 ($5.97 a bag) a ton. The woman said, "We only sell by the 40 lb bag, not by the ton". I said "Thank you, good bye". They dont sell by the ton.......... So ridiculous. It amazes me sometimes the things they say!

Glad that HD is still accepting the Military/Veteran discount.

I said military discount but it's a veterans discount, if there's any difference. They stopped the 10% all the time discount up here. Now you have to register at the service desk by showing the VA card. They gave me a 10% coupon on the spot. Now HD sends out occasional coupons, although it seems like I'm getting them every week. I just did this about a month ago. So far I've gotten 2 10%, a 5% and now 15%. When somebody is addicted to buying pellets even when they're at the regular price, it's not possible to pass up a 15% coupon.
Interesting. I just show my ID at the counter and get 10% every time I buy ANYTHNG. It might be worthwhile checking at the service desk for the 15% one, though.

I get 10% at both Lowes and HD here. saves me lots.
We are fortunate enought to have a pellet factory here in our town. They run spring specials for all their regular customers. Can't remember exactly what the deal was this spring, but seems like it was right around $1,100 for 6 tons.

I used my 15% off coupon today and picked up 20 bags at $3.35 each. An hour and a half later I received another e-mail giving me a $20 gift card. It's beginning to seem like everytime I use one, they send me another.

I get 10% on everything at both Lowes and HD, anytime.
Just show my retired ID.
Good deal!

I get 10% on everything at both Lowes and HD, anytime.
Just show my retired ID.
Good deal!

I do at Lowes, but HD did away with it up here. However, between the 15% coupon and the $20 gift card, I end up with 25 bags for $66.98. Not a bad price.:)

Just called some of my HD's today. All at $209 a ton. Then proceeded to 2 different Lowes and they are $298.50 ($5.97 a bag) a ton. The woman said, "We only sell by the 40 lb bag, not by the ton". I said "Thank you, good bye". They dont sell by the ton.......... So ridiculous. It amazes me sometimes the things they say!......
Did you ask for the "contractors discount"? That's what I say at Lowes, and always get the cheaper ton price. I was just there today, and got another ton of Somersets for $209.

They also said that if you show your military ID BEFORE they actually ring up the pellets, then they can give the 10% off too, so the pellets would be $188.

Reactions: DexterDay
Did you ask for the "contractors discount"? That's what I say at Lowes, and always get the cheaper ton price. I was just there today, and got another ton of Somersets for $209.

They also said that if you show your military ID BEFORE they actually ring up the pellets, then they can give the 10% off too, so the pellets would be $188.

Wait...... "Another" ton? Does this mean more than 1 ton of Somersets? ? Or another, like another from HD?

Either way...... You Pig! ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.