1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hearth.com meetup Party (lowel,ma) - Save the date!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Gooserider, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbelec

fbelec Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern massachusetts
    hey goose your post says that i was there but i was not. sorry i missed and didn't get back to ya.
    seems i always miss out on the good stuff. was looking forward to meeting everyone and trying some of that mead. i'am a home brewer and love drinking it. unfortunately i don't get to do to much brewing since the wife doesn't like the aroma of the wort. i was running around like a mad man looking for two bedroom sets for my twins. and that took dam near most of the day. and about
    $50.00 in fuel.

if you do it again next year by hook or crook i'll be there. (with my epi pen in case one of your bees doesn't like me)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jpl1nh

jpl1nh Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Newfields NH
    Heard stories from Keyman about taking that tree down Elk. And about going overboard on wood? My wife is partially resigned to this obsession, no, lets say "passion"! I've got about 20 cords, still have some cutting and stacking of that to do, but if someone comes along with something good for free I'll still be all over it. Dried, stacked and protected from the elements it's not gonna go bad. Hell, if I had to I could sell some I suppose, or give some to someone in need. Always bugs me to see great firewood somewhere not being used or taken care of!
  3. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Arghh... :red: No wonder I was saying that you said you were going to be there, but that I couldn't put a face with the name.... :-S. I figured that I have a lousy memory for names, and I'd messed up in the various running around between the grilling area and the other spots where folks were hanging out... The downside of hosting one of these deals is that there are all sorts of great conversations that get going, but running around being a good host means you miss a lot of them...

The honeybees aren't a problem for most people as they really don't want anything to do with people or people-food - About the only time a honeybee will sting is if you are stepping on it, or are trying to get into the hive (and note that many beekeepers don't wear much PPE as if it's done right you don't get stung even then...) OTOH I did have some yellowjackets hanging around, they will go after people-food, and they are NASTY - but they aren't my bees... However, if you need an epipen, it's a good idea to carry it to an event like this because of the yellowjackets, not the honeybees.

Sounds like folks are interested in having another one of these gatherings next year, so I may be willing.
  4. keyman512us

keyman512us Member

Loc:
    North Worc. CTY MA
    ***edit***

I did show late (missed Elk by twenty minutes) but did get to meet web & web widow. Good all around attendance. Also I managed to get my "Mrs." to come along. Good conversation and company.

Goose and his Mrs. were good hosts.

Goose, I'll be in touch soon about the sump pump issues etc... I'll stop by soon, you are only 45 minutes away...I'll call before I try to stop over.

It was nice to finally be able to place some faces with some of the names... I enjoyed finally getting to meet other members of the forum. Perhaps we can have another gathering in the fall... ;) "Stay Tuned"...lol
  5. BurningIsLove

BurningIsLove New Member

Loc:
    Billerica, MA
    Thanks, again Gooserider for the party & the delicious victuals (Im still thinking fondly about that turkey & mead). If you ever have another, I'll definitely show up earlier so I can participate more heavily. And I'll bring the 24 ton splitter.

Great to meet the rest of you as well....Elk, sorry I didnt get to say more than 10 words to you as you were leaving the driveway!
  6. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    You are welcome, and don't forget that we might want to talk at some point about working out some kind of deal to let me use the splitter for a bit - at least once I get my saw working properly again.

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.