Hearth Pad for Quad 3100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmg-in-alaska

Apr 29, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I am looking to put a Quadrafire 3100 into a corner in my house and have a question about the size of hearth pads. I have some brochures from hearth pad companies and it seems that many of the pads come in standard sizes of 36" and 40". Some will go up to 56" I've seen. According to the quadrafire brochure/manual, the 3100 would take a 51" pad (the side that runs along the wall). Is this correct? I don't consider the 3100 to be a very big stove, so I can't really imagine what would go on a 40" pad? A 56" pad seems really big and would go out form the corner about 64" - over five feet. This seems really big to me.

Thoughts?

At first the pad size seemed big on out stove too. It's 54" on the sides. But we don't notice it at all now. What dictated the size of the corner pad for us was not only the stove size, but the location of the ceiling support box above the stove. FWIW, a little wiggle room is good. Our pad ended up being a little larger than required, but I like that. It allowed me to increase clearances a couple inches over the minimum. And I didn't have to get a new pad when we went to the T6. Good thing, the pad is inlaid into the oak flooring.

The 51" sounds correct for a corner install. Corner pads are huge compared to flat wall pad requirements.
--
Wow... I just realized when you use the search the results seem to come back in random order. I thought this was a post from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.