Hearthstone Hearitage 1600.00

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkpoor

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2008
Amanda, OH
Seen it at a dealer today in Lancaster. They installed it and customer didn't like it so it came back slightly used. I looked at it and it looks very nice. Anyone looking for one this might be quite a deal.

Dealer said they sell that model for 2800.00. I called them back for more info on why it was returned. They said the owner complained he couldn't get it up to temp. Ever hear that one before on here? I think that is one of those top 10 most frequent posts. So after playing 20 questions with the dealer here is my take. They sold a high end EPA stove to a long time pre EPA steel stove burner guy who was used to burning just about anything he had just cut down yesterday and didn't like waiiting on the rock to heat up. I've made mention in other threads about how Jo public doesn't know or understand EPA stoves and the eductaion process just turns them off to it. He probably bought it for appearance (wife thought it would look nice in the living room) but found out his old practices wouldn't work in this stove and wasn't willing to change. Anyway seems like a smokin deal but if there is no warranty at all and buying it from them is no different then getting it off CL then I'm thinking 1200.00 is more in line. Paying the big bucks for new comes with service and repair. When I here what the parts on these rock stoves cost I would need to feel just a wee bit better about it than 1600.00. But that just me.

WKpoor . . . I think your reasoning on why the original owner returned the stove is probably spot on . . . seems like a decent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.