Hearthstone Heritage question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bjorn773 said:
firefighterjake said:
Edthedawg said:
Kinda feels like yer tryin' to tell us somethin' there, Jake... hmmm... message is unclear... ;)

Well I suppose I've got to spell it out for some folks. ;)

Bjorn . . . have you considered a cheap, Chinese-made steel stove with lead-paint and sold in some back alley store front that also sells TaTas (the car, not those TaTas), paintings of dogs playing poker and take-out meals that you order by number? I think you would really prefer to go this route rather than go with the soapstone stove. ;) :)

I already have one of those... after all the debate I want a catalytic soapstone. I think the BK or enerzone would still cook me out of the basement. The Fireview looks like a perfect fit. My problem is getting my better half onboard. That and insulating the house makes more sense than getting a more efficient stove right now. That's why I'm looking at used stoves.

I think you're making some wise choices.

Wise Choice #1: Going with the cat soapstone stove for your needs . . . and wants.

Wise Choice #2: Taking the time to insulate the house first and convince your better half that this would also make a wise choice.

Wise Choice #3: If money is tight, looking at buying a gently used stove first . . . but if I might add . . . I would only buy what you really want and not "settle" for a smaller sized stove or a stove that isn't really what you are looking for -- it's better to buy once and be happy with the purchase . . . besides these stoves are kind of heavy to be moving lots of them.

Perhaps your wife should talk with some of the wives of people here on hearth.com?! Probably the first thing they would tell them is that the stove is simply beautiful and it is also very easy to operate and it is not dirty. She could even pick out what color of stove she wanted. The ultimate would be to take her to the Woodstock plant to see the operation and then pick out her color right there. They may even treat you to a lunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.