Hearthstone I (Circa 1980's) - Broken Latches

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTcountrylife

Jan 26, 2013
Northwest, CT
We bought an old home (1754) and inherited a Hearthstone I wood stove with the purchases. Overall, it is in good shape and has served us well. However...

I can no longer get a good seal on the front doors because both latches are broken. The top is completely broken and the bottom is partially broken. Hearthstone supposedly no longer makes the latch replacement part for our wood stove. Where might I find a place to purchase a similar latch (made for another model wood stove) that would suffice on our old stove?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_4630.JPG
    IMG_4630.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 127
We bought an old home (1754) and inherited a Hearthstone I wood stove with the purchases. Overall, it is in good shape and has served us well. However...

I can no longer get a good seal on the front doors because both latches are broken. The top is completely broken and the bottom is partially broken. Hearthstone supposedly no longer makes the latch replacement part for our wood stove. Where might I find a place to purchase a similar latch (made for another model wood stove) that would suffice on our old stove?

Thank you for your help.
Hey countrylife I just purchased a rebuilt H1 from a gentleman named Randy.He rebuilds Hearthstone stoves and may be able to help you.He lives in Vermont and his number is 802-279-7298.Take care.

Thank you for your help.
Any word from Randy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.