1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hearthstone info

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by suematteva, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
    Heard on the radio today that hearthstone is having their factory seconds sale at Morrisville plant..Factory tours will also be given. Will be on 18th, 19th and 20th. Cash n Carry...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Sounds like there could be some good deals to be had. You would think after last years record sales they wouldn't have much left overs?
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The operative word is "seconds". They darn sure didn't want to pay the freight to ship a screw-up.
  4. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Usually this sale has been done at the chimmney sweep store. At the factory this year. There are some good deals. In the past have stopped at the store when i saw the sales banner. The stoves carries the same warranty and it is usually small stuff. Sometimes the shipper wings something. Sometimes it looks like normal wear n tear. You have to take it stove by stove and install by install.

Maybe next year they will get a forum member or two to make guest appearances. Kinda like Ben & Jerrys Ice cream does. Serve up some wood fired mushroom pizzas or hearth hemp ice cream... Invite Al...Or maybe a Ash can throwdown.
  5. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I bought my VC resolute from the chimney sweep in Shelburn. They do a nice job on their tent sales
  6. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    And seconds in these cases does not mean bad goods! Usually, all kinds of stuff - like:
    1. Slight freight damages that have then been factory repaired.
    2. Colors that were built to order and then canceled by dealer or customer
    3. A few of a slightly older model or color

One possible problem with these sales is that the factory does not want to anger dealers, so the prices may not be as rock bottom as possible! But they will surely be better than you can get a new one for.

Hopefully we can get a report later of that the discounts were.
  7. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    I believe Chimmney sweep is putting on the tent sale at the factory...Supposedly they are the largest hearthstone dealer...Craig is on the money with the quality of the goods. I have been to a few of them at their store...in years past.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.