hearthstone manchester air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mudguy

Nov 16, 2021
round hill, VA
My two year old Hearthstone Manchester woodstove has broken three times: the damper linkage is clumsy and has stuck closed . is anyone else having this problem>

I've had mine for almost a year and burn as often as possible. No issues so far. The air control feels and sounds loose and clunky. Maybe that allows plenty of play for expansion and contraction given the wide operating temps.

Last edited:
My two year old Hearthstone Manchester woodstove has broken three times: the damper linkage is clumsy and has stuck closed . is anyone else having this problem>
Second year with the manchester 8012. No issues as of yet. Its my only heat source so I hope to not have any issues. I also agree with jackserv the air control is loose as easily adjusted on mine.

Hi. Long time lurker, finally joined. I have a Manchester and mine was warrantied out for the same reason. Hearthstone was aware of the issue and had a remedy of attempting to file the primary air control mechanism. I went through 2 attempts before I leaned on my installer to make it right. New stove zero issues. Purchase original in Feb 2020, replacement installed March 2021. Good luck.

Hi. Long time lurker, finally joined. I have a Manchester and mine was warrantied out for the same reason. Hearthstone was aware of the issue and had a remedy of attempting to file the primary air control mechanism. I went through 2 attempts before I leaned on my installer to make it right. New stove zero issues. Purchase original in Feb 2020, replacement installed March 2021. Good luck.
Can you tell me if they covered all the parts and labor when they did the first two repairs and what costs if any there were when they replaced the stove?