Heating Treehouse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on your search. Those links to other threads are really interesting. I had no idea there were so many small options.

I would not build a fireplace, but just find a really good deal on a small used stove on craigslist.

Reactions: daubers
While I do appreciate all advice, as stated above, I will not be buying a stove nor using propane or electric. If anyone has any advice on building a boiler system I would love to hear it but no need to type up anything about buying a setup

Right now the setup I have in mid that is winning would be simple, cheap, safe and effective. I will use PEX pipe to run radient heat lines thru the treehouse, a 12v solar pump for flow, and just thought of this... Instead of building outdoor boiler for just occasional use, I can make my own heat exchanger out of copper tubing. I could then simply place the exchanger in campfire coals since I have going almost all the time anyways. Thoughts/concerns?

I think you may be in the wrong forum/website for this experiment. Be safe.

Reactions: fossil
I think you may be in the wrong forum/website for this experiment. Be safe.
I keep getting told to be safe but have yet to be told anything unsafe about it? Just because a manufacturer says something is safe or unsafe does not make it necessarily true. Safety principles go much further than what an owners manual or code book tell you. I follow all code and specs with my defiant, vigilant and enviro but this is something meant to be fun and have some imagination. This is like finding a car forum that refuses to discuss anything other than bone stock vehicles. (Not that any such forums exist )

Disappointing considering how many knowledge ppl are on here but hey, at least I got to brain storm to myself while posing :)

Steam explosions are not trivial.
108786976_Oldham_309545c.jpg

Steam explosions are not trivial.
View attachment 144808
Umm I never said they were. And if I knew everything about this subject I would not be here. What is the deal with all the soap box attitude? Instead of attempting to insult me, why don't you actually discuss what safety measures can be taken to prevent steam explosions such as pressure relief valves, temperature control, expansion tank etc?

How about a little stove like they use on boats? Lots of flammable stuff on boats. The treehouse on that link was beautiful.

Reactions: daubers
As said before: Wrong forum. You are not on an engineering website.

Time to close things down. If you have any questions, start a private conversation with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.