Hello Everyone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

98dingo

Oct 18, 2010
Shawano, WI
I have been lurking around the forums for awhile now and decided to join up today. I am a Chimney service tech w/ CSIA certification. I do just about everything relating to chimneys including relining and rebuilding. I absolutely love my line a work and part of the reason I joined this site is not only to help, but to continue to learn from some of the members here to better serve my customers. I also burn myself. I installed a kozy heat ZC fireplace in my house last spring so this will be my first winter of burning in my own home. This will also be the first year I need to follow the advise I give my customers every day!

Welcome to another Cheesehead!! Glad to have you here!

Seems like there may be a lot of questions for you to weigh in on here! And I bet you might see some stuff here you never expected too!

Hey, someone from Shawano!! Cool. My folks had a place up on Legend Lake for 20 years or so. Beautiful county up there. (Cheap wood too!) Welcome

tickbitty said:
Seems like there may be a lot of questions for you to weigh in on here! And I bet you might see some stuff here you never expected too!
You would be surprised what I come across from day to day.

Quite a few cheese heads here now. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Keith. Good to have you here. Sit down and grab a brew of your choice. Tales from the field make for some good chat, especially if there are pictures to share.

BeGreen said:
Welcome Keith. Good to have you here. Sit down and grab a brew of your choice. Tales from the field make for some good chat, especially if there are pictures to share.
Funny you should say that. I took this one at a customers house today. Can you count the failures in this pic?

66657_491516251419_734266419_7636630_6459024_n.jpg

Ouch. How many burns on the carpet are there? Well, you could always start tearing apart the hearth and start burning it. Safer in the stove then surrounding it. Looks like there is the same regard for wiring.

BeGreen said:
Ouch. How many burns on the carpet are there? Well, you could always start tearing apart the hearth and start burning it. Safer in the stove then surrounding it. Looks like there is the same regard for wiring.
Haha didn't even pay attention to that outlet! If you notice also the doors of the FP are blown out and the white powder on the door is not ash but fire extinguisher dust :)

Welcome to the forum I am sure you'll be another good resource to add to the mix..

Ray

Welcome to the forum Keith. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated.

On the picture......wow!

Looks like that upper trim is just about ready to flash.

98dingo said:
If you notice also the doors of the FP are blown out

That's pretty spectacular when that happens. :red: :red: :red:

Welcome, Keith. Taking your own advise can be tough sometimes. I remember advising the kids not to poop their pants when they were young, and now.... :roll:

Keep showing us pics like that. Makes us feel so smug. :p

Welcome! With your knowledge you could spend all day answering all the chimney/lining questions we get. I'm sure your wealth of knowledge will go a long way towards helping us out! :)

Welcome to the forum . . . looks like you'll fit in just fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.