Hello from south georgia ,name here Scott.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motohunt

Nov 28, 2012
Hello to everyone , i am looking to install a wood stove in our moblie home .Our ceiling is cathedral
and i would like some information, advice on going through the ceiling and roof. between the ceiling
and roof the thickness is around 12" or so. Where to get everything . thanks

Installing a wood stove in a mobile home requires following special codes.

As far as the chimney goes you would need Class A chimney pipe. To pass thru the ceiling you would need a "cathedral support box". Different companies may call them different things, but it will be a large box that will extend into the room. From this box on upwards you will use Class A pipe. From that support box to the stove you will use black stove pipe.

On the roof you will use roof flashing and a storm collar.

Hello to everyone , i am looking to install a wood stove in our moblie home .Our ceiling is cathedral
and i would like some information, advice on going through the ceiling and roof. between the ceiling
and roof the thickness is around 12" or so. Where to get everything . thanks

Welcome to the forums Scott ! I have to ask are you from South Georgia British Territories or South Georgia USA ? Sorry but we have some folks from across the pond here as well. If you mean USA there are many places to get your materials at farm supply stores like Tractor Supply carry Simpson which is what I have.

http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/search...:LovyOFKz&format=brand&modaf=a:brand:duraplus

There is a kit for through the roof installations with a ceiling box support that Double wall pipe gets attached to on the roof side and inside your pipe from the stove to the box gets attached. You definitely need to check code for a mobile home not all stoves are mobile home approved. One of the biggest things is dry wood ! I am talking split stacked and dried for 2 years if possible. EPA stoves really need good dry wood to burn clean and efficient so it would be a good idea to get started cutting/buying firewood and drying it split and stacked in the wind if you have not already.

Pete

Also note that not all stove models are "mobile home approved". Basically that means that have an OAK, "outside air kit", to provide outside air for combustion. That is one of the requirements unique to mobiles, although OAK is a good idea in any installation, IMO.

Do you have a model in mind? Specific installation requirements are found in each model's manual and can be found online.

Status
Not open for further replies.