1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hello, my name is Travis. I am addicted to saws.......

Post in 'The Gear' started by herdbull, Nov 2, 2012.

1. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I'm still learning..... And still Lookin ;)

There is a 371XP in my area that has been rebuilt with all OEM 372 parts (P&C).... I dont need another Saw... But!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Buy it, Buy it, come on Dex you know you want to. It's a Husky, you can even get that one dirty. A C
    DexterDay and Dairyman like this.
  3. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

880 is one big saw with too much vibration. If you are built like Hulk Hogan, go for it. O/w get the 064 or an 066/660. I can manage my 066, but it is not my go to saw. I sold my 460 in favor of my 044 w/ a DP muffler. I rarely need more than a 28 inch bar on the 044 for cutting or dropping trees any more, but I had to buck up some 42 inch oak this summer, and out came the 066 with its new oil pump. That tree is now a cord of split wood for next year's fires. I get no dis running that saw.
  4. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    All kinds of ways to do it..... some just look nicer than others. The important part is getting another hole the size of the standard one and retuning. I like the defelector method because I don't weld.
  5. herdbull

herdbull Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    I'm thinking of opening up the factory hole. I can't get another hole on the left side of the muffler as the chain brake handle plastic is too close and covers up the muffler on that side. I think I saw a pic of one with 3 smaller holes right on the face of the muffler cover without a deflector. Don't know if I like that route though.

For me it's a saw. Function over form on this one so I'm not too worried about what it will look like.
  6. Freeheat

Freeheat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West of Cleveland
    Is that the one in North Ridgeville for 400, It looks very clean.
  7. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    Yes hahaha I've been watching it too........ must resist ;hm
    DexterDay likes this.
  8. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Yeah. Been rebuilt with 372 parts. The guy wont budge much. He said he wasn't coming down because there were other interested parties. Well he emailed me and asked if I was still interested??

I asked if everyone had already had there chance to look... No one showed :)

So I am going to email him tomorrow and ask if he is willing to entertain another "Offer". :)

It does Look very clean. He said it is a 96/97 model. So it has a few yrs on the overall body (AV, oiler, levers, bearings, etc). But the carb was rebuilt and had new gas/purge lines when it was rebuilt.

Seems worth it. Prob gonna stop Friday after work... If he still has it ;)

I have contact info if y'all want it.. (I want the saw, but dont NEED another) :) For the right price though??
  9. Freeheat

Loc:
    West of Cleveland
    Hey Dex let me know how it runs when you get it home:)
    DexterDay likes this.
  10. Freeheat

Loc:
    West of Cleveland
  11. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

12. Freeheat

Loc:
    West of Cleveland
  13. DexterDay