Help another newbie!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

callewis30

Oct 11, 2009
Roseville, CA
I have inherited a wood burning stove and was wondering if anyone out there might help me identify it. There are no markings on the stove itself, the only identifiable marking is a relief of a Bison on each door.

Attachments

• Stove 007.jpg
    Stove 007.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Stove 005.jpg
    Stove 005.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 237
It is SofaKing old that you aren't going to find any info on it. Hundreds of welding shops were pushing out stoves in the seventies and eighties and went away a long time a go.

It is in pretty good shape. The stove has been in storage from November 1985 until March 2009. We already have a fireplace (which is rarely used, since we're in California's Central Valley) so right now the stove is just taking up space in my garage.

That might not even be legal to install in California anymore....

I thought I saw someone say they banned non-EPA wood appliances?

Status
Not open for further replies.