Help finding a post! Battery pack for Auber remote.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shorty

Jan 10, 2017
Texas Panhandle
I saw a brief mention of someone on here that had made a battery pack for his Auber remote so he could just carry it around. I was reading and posting about chimney fire/overfire at the time. I've gone back and searched for "auber remote" "Auber battery" etc. I'm having no luck finding who it was. Anyone know? Thanks

Get a nest camera and watch it live tv.

I spent some time looking for a wi-fi thermocouple, and could not find one so I considered the Auber solution, but they are really missing something and that is having something you can carry with you to monitor the temperature.

I have an Auber thermocouple, but I don't have the unit itself. What are the power requirements? I would spend a few minutes looking for a battery pack that would could work.

I have a Raspberry Pi that I'm setting up to monitor the temperature with the Auber thermocouple. I know this is old news in this forum, that is, others have done it before. I can check the temperature from any web browser that can access the Pi, and now I'm working on a touch screen display, which is simple and not at all attractive.

Discussion of what colors to use led to me creating a "wife mode" and a "husband mode". Wife mode has blue for cool, green for "good burn zone", turning into yellow when the probe is getting too warm, and white when things are getting out of hand. Husband mode has dark red for cool creosote burn, orange for "good burn zone", then yellow and white just like wife mode. Since I'm using a touch screen, I have provided a touch button to switch between wife and husband mode.

I based the temperature zones on my current bimetallic probe thermometer.

wifeMode.png husbandMode.png

Reactions: Shorty and MR. GLO
The Auber wireless remote runs on 12vdc. Any small 12vdc battery pack would work, though you may need to change the output plug to match the Auber.

Amazon product ASIN B00MHNQIR2

Reactions: Shorty