Help got a new stove and its scaring the "wood" out of me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

l1011

Oct 25, 2017
ct
Burned for 15 years with an old vermont casting vigilant stove. Just got a new stove installed, fired it up filled it maybe 2/3 full around 12pm then went to work came home at 1130 pm to a warm house with wood still burning in the stove!! it was about 30 out when i went to work and around 22 when i got home. This stove is amazing. last night i put a couple pieces on at 10 pm the stove was still putting out heat at 1pm the next day. the old vigilant drank wood like my chevy 396 drank gas when i was a kid. this new stove puts out heat like my old stove but sips wood like a prius. so what is this scary mystery stove? A blaze king Ashford 20.1. Yes folks I have drank the Blaze King cool aid and does it every taste good. Im going to burn less wood with good heat this year. To be fair I'm sure any good EPA stove would have been amazing compared to the old VC vigilant. The other stove was going to buy was a PE super 27. Totally happy with my Blaze King. when it gets a little cooler will be interesting to load it up and see what burn times can get out of my setup. Thanks to all of you in helping me make a good choice in what stove to buy as there are many choices. Thanks again!!!!!

Reactions: 17vljoe and Blazing
Nice to see another 20 series owner. Enjoy your free time. You will have plenty, without worrying about the stove!

Welcome to the club, now its time to post a couple picks in the bk thread, if you get bored of your stove we keep each other going by making fun of ashful and asking Bkvp silly questions. We'll also have an all out war on t-stat settings and then throw pics in of our animals surrounding the stove.

Reactions: BKVP